Kidney Dialysis Unit
The Kidney Dialysis Unit is part of the OLYMPION General Clinic in Patra, with a capacity of 19 beds. It is equipped with the most up-to-date dialysis machines which makes it possible to provide all kinds of dialysis treatments (simple hemodialysis, on-line hemodiafiltration).
The Unit aims for the best possible medical and nursing monitoring of dialysis patients in ideal conditions, in terms of environment and hygiene.
It should be noted, that the health benefits of the Dialysis Unit of the OLYMPION are free of charge for the patients, since all the costs are covered by the National Health Service Provider (EOPYY).
Technological and medical support potential of all specialties of the same hospital is provided, which results in good response, to any problem that may arise. On the same days of the dialysis sessions, it is possible to carry out imaging examinations and cardiac ultrasound.
External Nephrology clinic and Hypertension clinic operate on daily basis, for the monitoring and treatemnt of patients suffering of kidney function conditions, urinary tract infections, kidney lithases and hypertension. At the same time and in order to promote primary health care in the certain area, services to renal patients from all over Greece as well as International patients are provided, in case they reside in the area for a short period of time or are on holiday.
The "OLYMPION" offers various treatment options, which include hemodialysis and on-line hemodiafiltration using Baxter technical equipment, while each patient is treated separately in order to recover, not only physically but also psychologically.
- Water processing with double reverse osmosis.
- Possibility for on-line hemodiafiltration.
- Wide variety of all membranes and also surfaces Low & High Flux filters.
- Large variety of needles (fistula needles) for painless puncture.
- High-quality systems for the quality control of dialysis water.
- Power generator for energy autonomy unit.
- Electric monitored beds.
- Ambulance to cover the needs of our patients.
- Emergency cases Recovery Department
- Full ultrasound exam of upper and lower urinary tract.
- Exam with ultrasonic arteriography of the vascular network.
- Urine sediment exam.
- Contract with National Health Insurance Provider (EOPYY)
- Cooperation with physicians of other specialties (Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Radiologist, Microbiologist, Vascular Surgeon).
- Complete and immediate treatment of vascular access problems (Fistula, permanent catheter) in collaboration with the Interventional Radiology Department of the Liaison Hospital..
- Monthly laboratory check and any other check, whenever is considered necessary by the physicians.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Comfortable room for an escort with TV set.
- Latest technology air-condition and air exchange systems in the dialysis rooms.
- Special vehicle for patients transfer to and from the Unit.