The General Surgery Clinic of the OLYMPION Private General Hopsital is staffed by a highly experienced team of Surgeons, with longstanding activity in the domestic and global medical community, specialized in General Surgery and especially trained in the advanced Laparoscopic Surgery.
The full scope of General Surgery cases are treated here, such as benign or oncological conditions with the most up-to-date methods of classic, laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery (Laser, Radio-frequencies):
- Upper digestive (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, diaphragmatic hernia)
- Large intestine and rectum
- Liver – Biliary- Pancreas
- Endocrine glands (thyroid, parathyroid, adrenals)
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Disease of Obesity
- Skin and soft tissues
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic colectomy
- Laparoscopic treatment of acute surgical conditions (i.e. peptic ulcer perforation etc.)
- Laparoscopic treatment of Gynecological conditions
- Hemorrhoids, fistulas and coccygeal cyst surgery with Laser or Radio-frequencies
- Some of the above mentioned conditions are treated as “DAY cases”.
- The Surgical Out-patient Department is available on weekdays, from Monday to Friday.
The General Surgery Clinic is supported by fully equipped Diagnostic Departments (Laboratory, Radiology, Endoscopy), within the same territory.
The Operative part is facilitated with state-of-the-art technological equipment and highly experienced nursing personnel, while the impeccably organized Anesthesiology Department applies the most up-to-date and minimally aggravating methods of anesthesia – analgesia, for the patient.
Post-operatively, the surgical patient can be treated in the high end and fully equipped Intensive Care Unit, when needed.